LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dejalin khuntia   16 March 2016

My employer not giving me salary

hi, sir. i am working as an office excutive in a non-govt. educational institute since octber 2013. my employer has nt giving me the salary of last two months. my salary is 6500 per month. now i have given the notice of 30 days for resignation. and he is nt giving me my pending salary, what will i do? please suggest me

Learning

8 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     16 March 2016

Dear Hv u made any contract? Any document that thow ur working for his office. any appointment letter? If yes then u will get ur salary as per labour law. If no then it is diffficult to get the same.

Adv. Bharat Pawar

dejalin khuntia   16 March 2016

Thank you sir. Yes i am having the appointment letter and each month salaey slip. And m following the company rules ie i am now in 1 mnth notice period for resign the post. My employer also said that he will not give my experience letter. What will i do?

saravanan s (legal advisor)     16 March 2016

Then send him a notice demanding the reasons as to why the company is holding your sakary. If he still doesn't give you a satisfying reply you can take the issue to the labour commissioner

peeyush singhal   16 March 2016

Hi Need expert advise of you guys please. I was working in a company since august 2015. Co paid our last salary in november 2015 and got the co closed in the month of feb 2016. Owner gave the cheques to staff 3 times but all got bounced every time. Now neither he nor his accountant pickingup the phone. He has left the building as well and all the stuff is in under land lord's custody. Moreover he didnot give the offer letter to anyone in the company which is affecting the career also. We really dont know what to do and how to do. Kindly advice please. Thanks

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     17 March 2016

Dear Peeyush

You can send notice for cheque bounce u/s 138 of Negotiable Instrument act with in 3 months of presentaion of cheque. If still no reply from his side then file suit in court.

Without offer letter how could u work for such long time? If u get salary by cheque from company then u could prove that u were the employee of that company.

regards

Adv. Bharat Pawar

peeyush singhal   17 March 2016

Hi yes, we received salary through cheques and NEFT till the month of November. Shall we go in labor court or file the case against him directly ? Kindly suggest. Many thanks for your reply . Regards peeyush

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 April 2016

@ Dejalin Khuntia,

You can approach:

--Inspector appointed under; Payment of Wages Act/Shops & Estbs Act,

--O/o Labor Commissioner 

--Dept. of Education of the state

--Officials of board with which the school is affilliated

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 April 2016

@ Peeyush Singhal,

There is a procedure to file for cosure of the company.

O/o Labor Commissioner, may be approached.

Take help of employee'/trade unions, labor Law Consultant.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register