Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

My divorce case status says case disposed and nature of disposal shows uncontested dismissed.

Hi, I'm the petitioner here. My divorce case status says "Case Disposed" and the nature of disposal shows "Uncontested Dismissed". I was present at the final plaintiff evidence and the opposite party didn't attend and neither responded to the same. Thus this mean that the divorce has been granted? Kindly advice.

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 January 2022

Do not be contented with such a decision, as the possibility of appeal /set aside is always open if the court considers the grounds for absence satisfactory.  First, ensure that summons are served with signatures to the defendant.

(Guest)

Thank you for your kind response. Yes the summons were duly served 3 to 4 times. But the respondent declined to accept the summons and hence didn't show up on the said hearings. In this scenario, may I please know what is the exact meaning of Case disposed uncontested dismissed?

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 January 2022

May be this is a wrong entry. Please verify the Order Sheet.

(Guest)

Thank you for your kind response Mr. Venu, can you please explain the wrong entry thing you mentioned in your reply. I'm still yet to get my order sheet, but the online status is really confusing me on what it means. Your advice will be much appreciated. 

Praveen Kumar   02 October 2022

भैया, आपने जजमेंट कॉपी निकाली है क्या लिखा है उसमे।मेरा जजमेंट भी उसी तरह हुआ है।मैं बहुत परेशान हु।

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register