Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram V (N/A)     26 September 2016

My brother threw me & sister out of mothers property

Hi,

We ( 2 brothers & 2 sisters ) have a house is in my mother & grandmother's name & they both died.

I was living in one bedroom, brother in another & sister was sleeping in hallway & other sister is married living in another city.

My brother started abusing me in everyway he can including psychological, stealing anything he can get his hands on, badmouthing me to other people etc. right after he got married so I moved out to another city but kept some of my stuff in my bedroom & locked it & kept it locked for 15 years & visiting from time to time.

Then he did the same thing to my sister so she also moved out taking all her stuff.

Now he broke into my room & moved his son into it & changed the locks.

So now he has the whole house to himself & has changed all the locks so we can't go inside the house.

To start with I want my room back & keys to entire house for all of us because the house is in mother & grandmother's name.

How can I do that ?

I would like to do it if possible thru a court order. He has lots of money so going to police will not help & I am too old to travel every time police wants me to visit them & he exactly wants just that knowing my situation to harass me.

My two sisters are in my favor.

So what can I or (We) do legally that would force him to give my room back immediately as well as keys to entire house to me & my sisters.

Dividing the property would take time & money & would be lengthy process.

Please advice.

Thank you

Learning

3 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     26 September 2016

If you are a senior citizen then visit the S.P Police of your area give a detailed written complaint to him and ask the relief from him ,keep a receiving copy with you .

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 September 2016

Lodge police complaint.

It is believed that you are HIndu.

A hindu woman's share  devolve upon her husband and sons and daughters.

You may pray for status qua,mense profists,injunction to alienate,partition etc 

Approach your able counsel.

Himanshu Singhal   28 September 2016

Hey Ram, 

Where are you located and where is the property in dispute located?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register