LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sushrita (Professional)     10 March 2024

My boyfriend cheating by giving false commitment for marriage - request for members advice

Dear Experts,

Further to my posting, I am posting a fresh query, because now I have very good progress to get justice ..This you experts for your valuable inputs during my difficult time..


I met him on Facebook, became friends, and later developed a relationship. Subsequently, from 2020 he met regularly, and our relationship deepened. During this period, he forcefully engaged in a physical relationship, making false commitments of marriage. Despite my objections and requests to cease such actions, he resorted to threats, and I felt compelled to tolerate the situation to maintain our relationship.  All of sudden he arranged marry to another lady and after I came to know. I approached local police station, and mahila thana, but his father is a retired police officer and due to his influences no body accepting my complain. Later I filed case in Citizen portal, Women commission and finally directly approached to local SP..Local SP, has given direction to the police station where the place of incident. Basis the SP direction, local police has immediately filed a case in the section 376 (2)...

Now seems to be police is not arresting the boy intentionally or influence from father (ex-police officer at same city) and/or with their vested interest..

By the way the boy, working at Indian Railway at Locopilot..


1.  If police is not arresting, then what action should I take? Should I write email to high office/divisional office via email or post and send them FIR copy that he has intimated crime against me?

2. Should I further approach any authority (SP or women commission), to give pressure to Local police station to arrest the accused person? Or if there is any other way to approach me, please advise..

3. What is the bail provision for him? If he moved to high court is there any provision that I filed against him not to grant bail for him? Actually how the bail system work, I am not sure..Can experts guide me in this regards?


Thank you in advance ..



 2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 March 2024

1. His employer is not responsible for his employee 's activities outside the employment, besides the employer is not a judicial or law enforcing authority to take actions in such issues 

2. If the police is not arresting means he might have obtained anticipatory bail, you may confirm that.

3. To know about the procedures of law, you may either discuss with your advocate or go through the law books.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 March 2024

you are alrady being well advised a



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register