LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anshu   09 March 2016

My bf is 19yrs old can i get marrieg with him legally

Sir, Please advice me that for registered marriage he is above 18 can we get married without the permission of parents becoz my parents are not agreed but his parents are agreed. So, Please advice me.


 10 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     09 March 2016

if its a guy the legal age for marriage is 21 years and not 18 years

Anshu   09 March 2016

I knw sir the age for registered marriage is 21 but what can i do bcoz my parents are forcing me for marriage with another guy of their choice can u guide me please what should i do???? reply please as soon as possible 

HIRAL THAKKAR (ADVOCATE )     09 March 2016

What is your age??

saravanan s (legal advisor)     10 March 2016

please answer hiral ji question.are you a major by age or you are less than eighteen

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     11 March 2016

Law does not permit you even if you are major.


Jyotirmaya Prasad Behera


HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     14 March 2016

what is ur age?

Anshu   15 March 2016

My age is above 18 sir. My age is 24

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     15 March 2016

You have not stated what is your age. Are you 18 or above. Every person becomes a major at the age of 18 and he or she can decide things for himself. It applies for marriage also. Any age for marriage fixed above 18 can only have recommendatory value. Marriage is actually a notion. Its validity or otherwise comes into question only when confronted with any requirement for job or any property rights etc.  If you are prepared to come out of your house and the boy and/or his family is ready to support both of you, you can marry the boy following any of the customary rituals. What can your parents do? They can complain to the police. What will police do? They can arrest you and take you to the police station. They will interrogate you. You will say that you are married. Your parents will claim that your marriage was not valid. Both of you give age proof to show that you are above 18. If the police accepts what your parents claim, what next? They will have to consider that you are in relationship. If both of you are above 18 and of sound mental faculties you are within your rights to have live-in-relationship. The police will have to let you go. In due course when both of you reach the staturory age for marriage go to the registrar's office and register your marriage. All this is valid only if you are also above 18.

Anshu   15 March 2016


I already mentioned my age is 24

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     16 March 2016

Then go ahead. Legally no one can harm you. Make certain your economic freedom and security.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query