Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin   02 August 2023

My bank statements shared by bank official to my wife (third party) without my consent

My Bank statements shared by bank official to my wife (third party) without my consent and bank had give me in written that  "Bank completed the investigation based on ur complaint. The statements were shared to my spouse. And the official who did this act was not associated with bank so we can't do anything and the case details shared with internal ombudsment team and according to ombudsment the reply in in order with no further action required."

Please help me how can i proceed to complaint or file legal case regarding that bank official who did this heinous act? Please help. 

Under which section case can be filled according to this scenario and is there any other institution where we can complaint so that the person who did this act can not do in future and this will become an example for everyone. As anyone's bank statement is very private document specially if its salary account.

jst fyi : Matrimony cases are going on in b/w me and my wife from last 5+ years. 

Thanks

Learning

9 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 August 2023

You can drag the bank to the consumer forum to get your grievances redressed for the deiciency in service by the bank.

Beyond this you may not be able to take any action against the bank for the fault committed by  third person who is no where connected with the bank

Nitin   03 August 2023

Originally posted by : T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate

You can drag the bank to the consumer forum to get your grievances redressed for the deiciency in service by the bank.Beyond this you may not be able to take any action against the bank for the fault committed by  third person who is no where connected with the bank

==>> Sir,  So like this anyone can steal any person's sensitive information and the user who is cheated will not get any justice and the culprit banker can be roaming free without any issue??

anubhav Bhatt   03 August 2023

Dear Nitin, You should file a complaint against the bank under section 406 IPC,Suit for Damages, and you may also file Perjury if need more clarification you may contact us then I'll explain properly.
Adv Anurag Bhatt
Allahabad High Court
Mobile 📱 9198889999.

rohit   04 August 2023

Yes, legal course may depend upon how she obtained (any kind of collusion, consent) and damages.

Nitin   06 August 2023

Originally posted by : rohit

Yes, legal course may depend upon how she obtained (any kind of collusion, consent) and damages.

Hi Rohit Ji, : Thanks for your response. Whose consent you are talking about? Since its my individual account , no joint account , neither any court gave order to get those bank statement nor i myself gave this consent. Then how come she obtain legally my bank statement? 

And bank clearly mentioned this that bank statement was shared by their own bank official which should not be done ethically but it was done. I need you guys help like under which section in IPC or any other i can file complaint against that person who leaked my sensitive bank statement information to anyone, which must be a compromise with my PRIVACY. This thing should not be tolerable. The bank official who did this act can do same type of act in other bank entitry as well. 

Try to understand if this thing happened with you how you proceed to take for the same ?

Thanks for understanding.

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 August 2023

Is the statement produced true as to its conents?

Nitin   06 August 2023

Originally posted by : P. Venu

Is the statement produced true as to its conents?

==> Yes Sir. Those statement are TRUE detailed print out copies without any stamp/signature which were taken from one of the another city branch and the same was confirmed to me by Bank Officials as well when they completed investigation. The format of statements were same as it were given by branch only. 

Just to cross verify that last month I myself visited to my base bank branch and tried to take this type of statement and bank asked me to fill a form after that for the requested duration bank given me mine statement with branch stamo as well as signature of the authorised person.

PLease be note that this is not my joint account , its single owner account of mine only whcih were opened in year 2019. And third party person took the statement of period 2021-2022.  

Thanks

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     03 September 2023

What exactly was your complaint?  Was it against a named or unnamed person who disclosed the information, against the bank itself or against both?  If the person who disclosed the information was not connected with the bank, how did he himself get the information? The bank is guilty of allowing the information to be stolen. After computerisation and internet operation Ombudsmen are also hand in glove with the bank. You file a case in the consumer court for deficiency of service and other sections and claim compensation. You file  case before the Consumer Forum in the old fashioned way and not online. Consumer Protection Act is available on the internet. You can browse it to find out under what all sections you can chargesheet the bank.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 September 2023

feel free to contact.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register