Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

neeks Bobade   16 April 2021

My bank account got debit freeze

Hello,

My bank account got debit freeze without any notice or intimidating me. When I asked my home branch they said it's been done from cyber cell. 
I have no idea and they are not providing any information on this and says they are doing investigation on it. 

I have no clue what to do in this matter.

Please Help.

Learning

4 Replies

sneha jaiswal   16 April 2021

Hello, Greetings of the day!
When a bank freezes your bank account, it means that there might be something not correct with your account and they are not allowing you to do transactions. There are various reasons why bank freezes an account:

• When bank suspects some illegal activity in the bank account
  • Unpaid debts to the government 
  • Unpaid debts to the creditors 
  • Non updating documents like PAN or Aadhar

Call customer care of your bank or Contact your bank and ask them what steps you would take to retrieve the bank account in the non freeze category. Also, ask bank to get you know about the reason of your bank freeze. 
Bank also have online method to do the same. For this, you can contact your bank as it depends upon at which bank you have your account. 

Hope it helps

Regards,

Sneha Jaiswal

1 Like

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     16 April 2021

if branch Manager is not giving proper reply then write a issues to the Chief manager and General Manager and send a copy to ombudsman .Normally without any reason the banker not freeze the account ,  

neeks Bobade   16 April 2021

Hi,

I had a word with the Bank people and they said they received a mail from cyber cell. But they are saying they have not got anything face to face, only they are communication via Email. And it doesn't even mentioned the reason why it has been done and what investigation they are doing also on the basis of what these things are about.

When asked about any resolution they said they can't do anything. I am clueless now what the matter is all about even i haven't done any more transactions from my account apart from paying bills.

Munish Goyal   29 October 2023

please collect information first from the bank manager  regrading the complaint number and concerned cyber police station and disputed transaction and its amount then you can contact. i will surely help you.  

Regards

Munish Goyal & Associate Lawyers
Munish Goyal Advocate
Cyber Crime Cases Expert

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register