LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

56 (Director)     20 April 2010

Mutual Seperation and Sale of Property

My wife and I are Indian citizens living seperately for the last 3 months. We jointly own a property in Bangalore and will  be filing for a mutual accepted seperation in the next few months. Before we do it, want to understand the legalities about selling this property and the following questions need some clarifications:

- Would it be advisable to sell the property before we enter into a Mutual Seperation procedure?

- What happens if the sale is happening while the case is pending verdict/decision?

- Can the property be sold with a POA if anyone of the party is not in the country?

Await a response

Learning

4 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     20 April 2010

Reply on query wise:-

1.  It is best to sell the property first and then go for divorce.

2. It will have no effect on the sale and the sale would be valid.

3. Permissble

56 (Director)     20 April 2010

Many thanks for the immediate response, I would also like to know more abt the time it wud take to complete the process of a Divorce. What are the pre-requisites to help speed up the process?

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     20 April 2010

Mutual consent is the best remedy and quicker process to get divorce easily.  I suggest you and your wife to contact a lawyer of your locality and clarify the pre-requisities.

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     20 April 2010

Dear 56,

It takes 6 months minimum period for getting mutual divorce after filing the application.

S.A.NARASIMHA RAO KARRI

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register