LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

break (housewife)     16 July 2011

mutual or exparte?

Hi ,Went to USA on H4 dependent visa on 2009.and stayed there with my husband until 20 months.I came back to India on December 2010.I m in India to apply for Divorce.I filed 498 A against my husband and in -laws.My husband is in US still.He is not coming to India.When I withdraw 498 A he comes and sign mutual petition it seems.I dont trust him because since december 2010 till May 2011,says that he will come and apply for mutual divorce.I waited so long.Is there any way I can get him to India by telling US police or consulate to get him back to India.He has valid H1 visa till 2013.What should i do?

Learning

4 Replies

**Victim** (job)     16 July 2011

U.S. embassy would not intervene in domestic disputes neither they will give you any husband's personal information. If your husband can't come to india for mutual divorce they both of you can ask court for reciprocal arrangements under which your husband can give you divorce without coming to india.....although it seems from your post that you want to drag your husband to india is it so ? If that's the story then please share with us since you have already filed 498 (a)---> Dowry case my question to you is why your husband should come india when he already knows that you could create a problem for him ? 

got married on April 2009 in India under Hindu Marriage act .I was with him for 20 months in USA.I applied for 498A on May2011 in India.I didnot apply for 13 B still.what should I do.He is not coming to India .Shall I apply  DVC,Maintenance petition and get ex-partee Divorce?I will not withdraw the case.HElp me.HOw much shall I apply for maintenance?He has permanent job from 2004 in USA?

This is ur post with different user name ----------> if u r thinking to get ur husband extradited then there is a process to do it but it's never ending and very lengthy procedure......i am pretty sure LCI experts will brief you about it

If u apply for maintenance u will get maintenance only when ur husband has neglected u..........pls share ur story briefly what happened so that LCI experts can guide u very well.

went to USA on H4 visa on April 2009.After that I COS to F1 status on November 2009. I came to India on December 2010 under F1 status.My F1 status was gone because I crossed USA.Then went for F1 visa stamping at Chennai consulate gave me 221g rejection form indicating: to go for H4 visa interview because my H4 got expired and complete remaining course on H4 visa.I am doing my MS software at Stratford University,VA.My Undergrad is B.pharmacy in India.Since December 2010 I am in India,because I am here to apply for divorce.Still no divorce document from the court.My SEVIS got terminated since I am out of country more than 5 months.When I spoke to university they will issue me I-20 for new program i.e.,for ms information systems.They cannot issue new I-20 for 2 courses left for MS software.My question is:What if Visa officer asks me why am I changing to MS information systems program without completing my MS software? shall I apply for MS chemistry to another university based on my B.Pharmacy ?what is my visa chances ?how to convince visa officer if I apply for another university ?I am planning to tell visa officer that my husband is not my sponsor and I am living separately from 6 months.please help me.What best I can do?

i am gathering information for LCI experts here

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register