LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guru (Sales Manager)     07 August 2013

Mutual divorce without completed 1 year....need advise

My marriage has just 6 months old and my wife did fake police complaint against me, somehow I managed to resolve after counseling in Mahila cell and family meeting……Suddenly 1 day she came to me and demanding money or threatening me she will file the case on me….. I Said OK; do whatever you wish to do!! Now almost 20 days has passed, she is doing nothing……..In last week she has called me and told she is ready for meeting and discuss further…….

My query is please let me know if she is ready for mutual consent divorce, is there any possibility to file mutual consent divorce without completed 1 year, any provision in law? If not than what should I do now for my precaution as I don’t have faith on her? If things are not resolve in meeting… Is this suggestible to file the case on mentally cruelty basis as she has talked to me rudely on phone calls? I have some recorded.....she has also gone out overnight picnic with her friends without informing me….she has admitted this thing in family meeting as well…..what are the more grounds? Currently she is living with her parent house; she was hardly live 30-40 days with me….. Please note: - She is working; I don’t want to give any alimony or maintenance to her.

Learning

11 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     07 August 2013

before 1 year of marriage even mutual consent divorce will not be acceptable 

try to frame points and after one year apply for mcd and you will be granted in second motion means at first you both has to apply for it and court will grant 6 months time for settlement even though there is no settlement then you have to go for second motion and you will be granted 

vinod bhagwan are (student)     07 August 2013

under section 14 of the Hindu marriage Act , no petition for divorce to be filed within one year of marriage so .........

1) you have to wait for one year compulsorily after solemnisation of your marriage for filling divorce petition 

2) in mcd it must be showed that both the husband and wife are living separately for at least one year 

R K........ (Analyst)     08 August 2013

You are very lucky that she has agreed to mutual consent divorce. I will suggest you to give her whatever she wants and get rid of such girl, otherwise if she did something to herself, then you will be in big trouble.

Just negotiate on money and get rid of such girl. Indian Law always support a girl, don't waste your time in legal battle because you will end up wasting lot of meny and time and result will be in her favour

(Guest)
Originally posted by : R K........

You are very lucky that she has agreed to mutual consent divorce. I will suggest you to give her whatever she wants and get rid of such girl, otherwise if she did something to herself, then you will be in big trouble.

Just negotiate on money and get rid of such girl. Indian Law always support a girl, don't waste your time in legal battle because you will end up wasting lot of meny and time and result will be in her favour

Agree with this advice.

Its better to let go off in one shot than keep banging your head for the next 7-8 years.  Give MCD, make one shot payment to her as permanent alimony.  Get ridh of headache.  be headache free.

Guru (Sales Manager)     08 August 2013

Mr R K, why are you talking about looser (fattu)!!!....Ladke marenge!!! We are not fool over here....women are making business of this....

1 Like

(Guest)

Accepting the illegal demand from once wife and in laws will only generate another sufferer to the society........

Cost of freedom is neither sucide nor fulfilling the illegal demands of wife. If you are capable of paying such money then it's ok.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THOSE HARASSED HUSBANDS---

who are suffering from his own dead marriage and needs to take breath, then what these wicked wives thinks i.e husbnads are like scraps or a postmartem body that his eyes,kidneys,liver,heart,blood,tissues,hair,sperm and last but not least a dead certificate of his own husband to show the policy agencies to take all the insurane amount to give him freedom.......shame on all these ladies who don't know the meaning of life!

They scrupliously drag the husband in false cases to make husband either suicide or succumb or sale his entire body with with all hard earned money.

If not able then be ready to suffer whole life !

I ask is this life? is these women are really a synonym of Maa durga, Maa kali, maa saraswati,Maa lakshmi or I would say a freak women with conspired mind overloaded with fake makeup and eye killing figure to trap victims.

I beg my pardon----If any harrased husband if going to succum on these legal terrorism then I sure no body in India is going to see a blessed wedding in coming decades.

A sufferer..

1 Like

R K........ (Analyst)     08 August 2013

Guru bhai.. i have passed through all this and i am talking with experience. Be practical in life and not ideal

You will be in big trouble if the law of property is passed in parliament. Consult some good lawyer and finish this as early as possible

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : R K........

Guru bhai.. i have passed through all this and i am talking with experience. Be practical in life and not ideal

You will be in big trouble if the law of property is passed in parliament. Consult some good lawyer and finish this as early as possible

I agree with this advice.

In the beginning there will be hot blood, why should I give in to her unrealistic demands, this is extortion blah blah.

But years down the line, one will feel, I should have opted for mutual divorce then itself.

Time and tide wait for none and some people always learn it the hard way !

(Guest)

Mutual divorce is prefferable when the amount asked by the extortionist is not of like lifetime achievement awards..or too exorbitant that prior to giving accent the husband has to run for bank robbery.....and smuggling.

To become a law of giving charity to wife reg. 50% of husbands property is not a first cry baby store that you will go and ask for toys.

Giving 50% of property to wife means in future the divorce lawyer will be overloaded by wives divorce cases of all ministers,industrialits,sports men,Filmstars,all govt. employees,pvt. employees,businessmen small or large scale,auto drivers,rickshawalas........and list will go on and on...

and all 98% false cases of 498a wives will become richer by each marriage and then divorcing other........and this list also will go on and on.

so what you think the law makers are insane they don't have wives or they have only daughters to collect money from inlaws after divorcing.

Ghossssssssh

Be practical man------In india lawmakers are biased but not Insane that they will drag themselves in their own stupidity.

1 Like

498aindian (other)     08 August 2013

I agree with sufferer.MCD depends on the money what she asked if it is too much then better go for contested but don't agree for illegal terms and conditions.

R K........ (Analyst)     11 August 2013

Usually the money is calculated on basis of what girls parents have spend on the marriage, but they generally asks for 2 times of that to keep a buffer for negotiations

If the money they are asking is less than your 1 year earnings, then finish the case immediately, otherwise negotiate with them

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register