Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

windowsxp   15 June 2016

Mutual divorce while existing divorce petition

Dear Sir/Madam,

i have filed divorce petition and it is running from last 5 years and now we have a panchayat my ex agreed to give divorce after giving some final settlement.

i like to know is it needed to file any new mutual divorce petition or existing servers okay?

how long it takes to get divorce papers once formalities are completed?

any precations need to be taken while giving money to her?

kindly advise..








 7 Replies

Dana Kayoni (Expert Humanitarian and Lawyer)     15 June 2016

Consult lawyer locally and discuss terms of MCD.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 June 2016

Take proper receipt & file a memo to transfer to lokadalat.sign both the parties at lokadalat end the case.

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 June 2016

The divorce is not not valid unless there is a recognisd custom of such divorces in your community.

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     18 June 2016

Dear Friend, Divorce is recognised only by the Court of if there is any customery procedure of it accepted in your community exclusivly.

Yes you have to file a mutual divorce petition or can request in the court that your previous divorce petition can be converted to the mutually consented divorce petition. However it is necessory that you both should agree for it in the presence of court and give your both's consent to the court. Panchayat divorce is only acceptable were there is a customery acceptance to it otherwise not.Pl. note. It is advised that in your case it is better to have a mutually consented divorce through the court only as there is pending litigation of it alredy in the court.

windowsxp   19 June 2016

thanks for your valuable suggestions sir/madam.

which is best converting existing to mutual divorce or file a new mutual divorse and withdraw old petition?




prabhakar advocate (advocate)     19 June 2016

A fresh MCD has to be filed after withdrawing old divorce contested petition.  It takes six months to get divorce decree after filing MCD petition.

windowsxp   20 June 2016

Thanks Prabhakar Sir, Is there any way to get divorce fast with current divorce petition filed by me? instead of waiting for six month with new MCD

now my wife agreed to give divorce

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query