LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohan (Director)     18 April 2013

Mutual divorce w

One of my friend got married 2 years back to a girl without the consent of there parents and now he is taking mutual divorce from the girl by giving her false promise that after divorce he will marry her again in front of her family and friends .

But in actual he just wants the divorce and going to marry some other girl .

i want to know after the divorce if Girl comes to that he has cheated her .. in that case what option this girl has .. can she file for an appeal or a fresh case for fraud .. 

and for this divorce they are using all fake papers .. they are hiding there actual marriage and marriage registration certificate also .

an early reply can save the life of this girl 



 9 Replies

DV victimmmm ( )     18 April 2013

@Rohan,if you know so much about what they are going to do, why don't you stop the girl yourself by telling intentions of your friend to her? DId you ask this quesry just to make sure that your friend  would be safe after the divorce?

1 Like

Rohan (Director)     18 April 2013

No Dear really i want to help the girl but they are not in my city and i don't have contact details of the Girl .. i tried to contact her but failed and my friend is hiding her from from others till he gets the divorce ..he is taking the divorce from some small district and using false papers like marriage card and certificate from local couciler .. 


Rohan (Director)     18 April 2013

Here i want to add one more thing all fake documents are arranged by the new girl to whom my friend is going to marry 

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     18 April 2013

Doesn't make sense. There marriage is already unknown to their parents. Where is the need for a divorce, they may get married without one.


In my opnion if the girl proves that she was dumb enough to not have known the underlying fraud, appeal would be admissible.



Chetan Joshi


1 Like

Rohan (Director)     19 April 2013

Thanks Mr. Joshi , but they have got married in some Aarya samaj mandir and subsequently registered marriage also ..

but they have not shown this to court and the new girl has arranged all false papers for this early divorce including marriange cards and certificate from couciler.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005     19 April 2013

Dear Rohan and Mr Joshi,

In the eyes of law, once a couple got thier marriage registered, it is a legal marriage, whther it is disclosed to the parents or not.

Secondly, once she got Mutual divorce, then there is no appeal.

But in rare cases, if court found that one person had make fraud to get divorce, then court may hear its appeal/revision, but for that you have to work very hard to prove this thing.

So first of all you have to search your friend and try to stop her else, it will be very tough to stop second marriage of the boy.

you may suggest her that even without divorce, they may get marriage in general public.

Gud luck.

adv.kamal.grover at gamil


1 Like


Mr. Rohan  

u want to help d girl or clarifying the doubts.

1 Like

Rohan (Director)     19 April 2013

Dear MR Kamal

Thanks for your reply but here for divorce they are not showing registry in fact the new girl in my friends life has got printed false marriage cards to prove their marriage and she has arranged false address proof from the local councillor. 

Rohan (Director)     27 April 2013

Regret to say my friend got the divorce from the girl with all falce documetns .. and i am feeling ashed and helpless .. I have one request now any one can tell me how my friend and his new girl friend can be punished .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query