Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

eswar kumar (des)     23 June 2016

Mutual divorce in lokadalath or senior civil court

Hi ,
My wife filed 498a , dvc cases on my and my family. we are all aquittal and cases were closed.
I have filed divorce petition in senior civil court in May 2015 and my wife is contesting that .
Now, she is ready to give divorce.

1. Can we file MCD in lokadalath (I am from andhrapradesh)? My lawyer says that now lokadalath is not taking divorce petition. Is it true?
 2. If Lokadalth takes my MCD Petition, how much time it takes( we are seperated since 3 years and the existing divorce petition filed one year ago).

3. If Lokalath doesn't take MCD petition, I need to apply MCD in the same court. Do we need to complete 6 months period (like first motion and second motion)?

4. What is the best way to get the mutual divorce in less than 6 months.

Please suggest.


 5 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 June 2016

MCD needs to be filed in the Family Court.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 June 2016

Engage a very able counsel and your counsel shall update you on everything.


1 Like

Khush   24 June 2016

lokadalat is just for mediation type . they try to settle matter between parties mutually.

for divorce u hv to go to court always

1 Like

Mukesh sharma (job )     06 July 2016

Hi eswan if your wife ready to give you mutul divorse now and than you need to file case in family court for mutul divorse 

lokadalat not family court and you file case in lokadalat for medition not for divorse

so plz file your case in family court and take help some good family lawyer he provide you best support on this ground 


1 Like

aarjun vhajage (Lawyer)     07 July 2016

Where you have to file DV petition, depend upon in which area you are living. For City/ Court. For Rural......Civil Senior division. No Lok Adalat only for mediation. Period between 2 motions for 6 months is mandatory.  

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads