LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Indian (None)     27 May 2011

Mutual Divorce Amendment Act

I got from another post in this forum that  "There is an amendment Act is coming (as per law ministry most probably in this monsoon session) by which, according to newspaper sources,  if one of the parties does not appear in the second motion of MCD petition, the court will be vested power to grant divorce.  If this bill passes in this year, you can move second motion and get divorce."

Has this Amendment act passed?

Please let us know.

Learning

3 Replies

rajshree (freelance)     27 May 2011

Originally posted by :Indian
"
I got from another post in this forum that  "There is an amendment Act is coming (as per law ministry most probably in this monsoon session) by which, according to newspaper sources,  if one of the parties does not appear in the second motion of MCD petition, the court will be vested power to grant divorce.  If this bill passes in this year, you can move second motion and get divorce."

Has this Amendment act passed?

Please let us know.
"

I dont think this bill will pass so easily, but if it does it is good for all. There is a question related to this though, alimony will be still high, isnt it?

Sanket Sharma (AM)     28 May 2011

Sir, We are leaving in India, It takes another 5 or more years

sumana (practice)     30 May 2011

I have not coem accross any of such post . If any body have anything then pls let us know.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register