LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

N Omprakash   26 March 2022

Mutual consent for Divorce, Hindus.

Dear experts,
My daughter in law filed cases for Judicial Separation and Domestic Violence cases in June 2019, against my son.
She left home along with my grandson ( now 15 years of age) in September 2019.
Now (March 22) she is bringing a proposal for divorce by mutual consent and withdrawing of cases filed by her.
Kindly advise how to go about.
Thank you.


 3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     26 March 2022


Your son and daughter in law can file mutual consent divorce petition and get the divorce. They can pray for waiver of 6 months statutory period. 

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     26 March 2022

Yes, both your daughter in law and son have to file joint petition for divorce on ground of mutual consent. Court will grant divorce after recording their evidence in this regard. Court can also   waive cooling period of six months on their request .

anubhav Bhatt   27 March 2022

File with joint Affidavit before court under section 13 B of Hindu Marriage Act and for more clarification you may contact us then I'll elaborate properly.
Adv. Anurag Bhatt
Allahabad High Court
Mobile 📱 9198889990

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register