Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajkiran123 (Manager)     07 September 2020

Mutual consent divorce in india - both parties abroad


Marriage happened in India 11 years ago and registered in India. Both parties staying currently abroad, parties decided  to MOU that they are going for Mutual Divorce in India as both are employed abroad. Few question:

1. If needed to sign MOU by both parties currently in abroad ,  Is Abroad postal communications is Must between both parties ?

2. Is there any communication between both parties in abroad is must through postal or email while filing MOU petition in India?

3. Are there any specific rules as per Indian courts for MOU in this case as both staying abroad ?

4. What is the process to obtain GPA for parties by their siblings in India or do we need to take GPA from abroad?

Both Parties  are taking GPA’s as either of parties presence is unavailable for india due to current situation for initial Proceeding?so GPA’s will file Mutual Divorces on behalf of parties and for final judgment they can be available..

Please help us with above queries. Appreciate for your kind Help  and generous Knowledgeable suggestions as soon as possible.


 2 Replies

You need to visit india for divorce proceeding
also you need to show place of marraige in india, wife living in india or matrimonial home in order to make indian court's jurisdiction

Nivedita   14 September 2020

As you both are staying abroad and planning for mutual divorce in India. I would like to draw your attention to this resource NRI Divorce. It seems to have all the answers to your above queries. I recently came across it.  Hope it helps!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query