Get Courses and Combos at Upto 50% OFF!
Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karnav shah (Executive MBA (Criminology) MBA (Finance) Doctorate (Management))     10 December 2011

Municipal employee class 4 resignation full and final issues

I run an NGO and i have one SAFAI Employee working with Surat Municipal Corporation (Gujarat) on permenant position who wish to resign from her job. She is SC-ST Class 4 employee. When she put her resignation she expect to receive about 10 lacs from his PF, Gratuity and etc.

However to get it, she has been demanded 20,000 INR. 

Now to avoid such situation, and before we lodge RTI i wish to learn as an government employee with Municipal corporation what are the benefits that, she may claim and once I know it how to trace to account detail and where in one application she can apply to receive her benefits.

I am looking for Single process and follow up with that if there is no proper faster way to save her 20,000 iligal expenses.

There may be due bonus, PF, and other benefits to. The service period is about 25 years for this employee.

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 December 2011

The lady may submit her notice of resignation by letter, with effective date of resignation (in line with applicable notice period) clearly mentioned in it, under proper acknowledgment, addressed to her appointing authority, and request for smooth exit formalities to be completed within her effective date of resignation, and to supply her acknowledgment of resignation immediately and acceptance of resignation, work experience/service certificate, relieving letter, FNF statement, form 16,settlement of a/c and payment of dues by bank DD,PF accumulation reports, PF withdrawal forms, NOC/NDC within her effective date of resignation. She may request that she may be informed to whom she should handover the charge and municipal property if any with her, and the designated employee may be advised to issue acknowledgement on the spot.

She may submit the PF forms, gratuity claim forms to the competent authority under proper acknowledgment and request that the acknowledgment issued by concerned office e.g PF office, for receipt of his forms may be supplied to her by redg. post only. She may mention that all communications to her must be supplied to her by redg/speed post only, and may mention that she is enclosing one postage prepaid self addressed envelope and if the authority desires so in writing she shall submit another envelopes.

She must obtain the copy of employee rule book, standing orders at once, and if these are not readily available she may submit a written request in writing under acknowledgment. She can also follow RTI route. .

This is in general all employees should do.

It is believed that she is eligible for pension and must file her pension papers in time, under acknowledgment. She should transact only in writing and under acknowledgment.

In case she faces any harassment she can escalate to higher authority and so on. If she is educated, guided, supported properly she may not have to pay bribe.

It is good to note that you are doing a good service to the fellow citizens an society.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 December 2011

My dea sir, please check if she has pensaonable service or not.  Please clarify whether she has been relieved or not.  Then please note that you have said that she has been demanded rs 20000/- this is a rbibery case and why you don't go for trap of bribe demander by state vigilance bureau of police. She may not have to even spend this amount if she goes to court for terminal benefits.  Please get to know full facts better get copy of her service book under RTI.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 December 2011

Further please note. If bribe demander at lowest level is arrested by police/ CBI/ State Vigilance bureau then the top authrities suo-motto wake up to the grievance leading to the bribe

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 December 2011

Learned Mr. Sudhir Kumar has given valuable advice. Kindly follow it and update if the matter is resolved or not. This shall help many others who face similar situations and visit the forum.

karnav shah (Executive MBA (Criminology) MBA (Finance) Doctorate (Management))     18 December 2011

Hi

Thanks for your Valuable response to my Question and I must mentioned in addtion that, The question was bascially consist of two short question:

1. How to apply to Get Full and Final using available legal forms (such as PF etc)

2. How to do it in one or single way process?

I believe to speedy the process, time taking process must be avoided and the above suggestion again leads to a lengthy process.

The focus on prime question was missing somehow. I have found some other advises for the abose said situation that is:

1. To Visit a HR of Municipal Corporation and it can be done online whereas department bound to answer in 48 hours that i have done already.

2. My focus for this situation is not to fight corruption as priority but to help a needy first and to use RTI in a way that specific people know about the awareness and stop taking bribe. so a person who hold file will in fact offer fast help. it is just like director of parivartan NGO (Mr Arvind Kejriwal,) who instead of changing individual, tried to bring mass change. 

3. to keep faith of individual uneducated people who also offer or pay bride due to poor situation, it is important to spread awareness in them so they report and getting their work done.

4. now i am applying for the release of F and F basis of resignation application with a help of HR help, it becomes 1 day process and in a month or around person receive a final payment.

5. citizen is happy and now he spread the message and government employee also get the message. works continue.

thanks for the opinion as it has also helped me a lot in a way. (the reply i have wrote here is not response to specific reply however it shows what ultimate process i have adopted.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register