Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S Punnam Chand (dpa)     10 January 2015

Multiple cases/suites for recovery of same amount

Hello

I Request U to suggest me what Can I do.

I am facing a Civil Suit for Recovery of Rs 50,00000/-  out of which a FD was made for amount approx 15 lacs (part of 5000000).

Now the same Petitioner also filed a case against the bank to refund the amount above (15 lacs) in which I am  also Resondent..(where as the FDs are in my/respondents name).

Can I ask the Consumer Forum/Court to not to interfere in the matter of civil suit as the petitioner already claimed the amount from me in a civil suit which already pending in high court before filing present case.

If yes under what circumstances and rules?

Can a person file multiple cases for recovery of the same amount in different courts/forums?? 

Can i file any application in consumer forum to dismiss the complaint/remove me as respondent as the amount is claimed in other suit.

pl guide

thanking U in advance

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     11 January 2015

Dear, Where the question of moving consumer forum ? Facts are not clear .... Please mention the state of affairs chronologically.... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

S Punnam Chand (dpa)     16 January 2015

Hello. I am facing a Civil Suit for Recovery of Rs 50,00000/- out of which the petitioner claimed a FixedDeposit of Rs.150000/- made in my name (the FD amount is part of recovery claim). Now the same Petitioner also filed a Consumer complaint case against the bank claiming that the FD was fraudulently made in my name and claiming the accounts thru which the FD was made belongs to them. (He made the same contention in the Civil Suit) and refund the amount above (15 lacs) to the complainant/Petitioner and I am one of the respondent (where as the FDs are in my/respondents name and generated out of My Accounts).

Can I ask the Consumer Forum/Court to not to interfere in the matter of civil suit as the petitioner already claimed the amount from me in a civil suit which already pending in high court before filing of present consumer case.

If yes under what circumstances and rules? Can a person file multiple cases for recovery of the same amount in different courts/forums?? Can i file any application in consumer forum to dismiss the complaint/remove me as respondent as the amount is claimed in other suit. pl guide thanking U in advance

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register