LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VIKAS KAPOOR   16 September 2018

multiple cases

Sir my wife filled cases of 498a, domestic violence and under section 125 crpc. Then I have filled divorce case. At present I have four cases. My query is that can these four cases be clubbed in a single court? Is there any judgement of superme court for that?
As I am in private job, it is very difficult for me to attend all cases in different dates.
please guide me.


 3 Replies

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     16 September 2018



Request for a common date for all those cases, It's better ... 


Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 


Vinod shah (legal assistance for victims of system.     16 September 2018

You have been wrongly advised to file diverse case.

Clubbing of all dates is not easy.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     16 September 2018

Not possible for all. Divorce case and section 125 CrPC case are in Family Court, these can be taken up on same date by the Family Court judge. Section 498a IPC is taken up by the Judicial Magistrate under whose jurisdiction the Police Station comes where the FIR was registered. The domestic violence complaint case is in the court of Judicial Magistrate where the wife was living when the case filled it can be in the same court of Judicial Magistrate where section 498a IPC complaint case is pending, if so then on request same date for both can be sought. However all four matters cannot be fixed in same court even by the High Court or the Supreme Court because of law with regards to jurisdiction of different courts for each of these.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query