LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj   30 August 2017

Multiple alias of deceased

My grandfather made FDR's and shares and in different alias of his surname and he did not make any will. Although his properties holds his real name. My father is the only son, please tell me, which suit to be filed? Suit for declaration? Suit for succession?

Learning

4 Replies

Yudhish Padman S (Advocate (Madras High Court) 9566217446)     30 August 2017

Dear Raj,

A legal heirship certificate would suffice.  If the officials demand otherwise, then you may be requiring a succession certificate (for moveable property) and/or letter of administration (for immoveable property), in respect of which, you will be required to initiate appropriate legal proceedings.  Suit for declaration is not applicable to your present case and hence, not necessary.

Regards,
yudhishpadman@gmail.com, Advocate, Chennai.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     30 August 2017

It should be petition for succession certificate only.

Raj   30 August 2017

Dear Yudhish, thank you so much for your fast and effective reply, you just made my day :)

Sidharth, also a big thank you :) 

Raj   30 August 2017

Dear Yudhish and Siddharth, the real name of my grandfather is ram chand goel but in death certificate its falsely written as ram chand gupta. He has many FDR's and Shares in both the names, I just mentioned, plus also in name of Ram Kumar. In this case also, we have to only file suit for succession?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register