LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nithya (Officer)     29 November 2017

Motor vehicles act

Is it possible to convert commercial car registration (yellow board) to personal usage registration (white board) car, within 3 years of purchase?

I understand that the general rule, is that it can be converted only after 3 years of purchase.  But if i have to convert it before that, is there any special clause to do the same?

If there is a spl clause, it would help me. Kindly give reference.



 2 Replies


So how did you get the car? You carjaked the car? or the cab driver left it at your place? or you kidnapped the car? laugh

You will have to wait for 3 years.  Drive the car like taxi driver, pay taxes and then convert it to your name.

Nithya (Officer)     30 November 2017

Got the car for a person to do business during his job lean period. He left abroad for a job. The car was given for lease/rent. The person does not pay regularly, hence the only option is to use.

I understand that we can use it with our normal driving licence. Hence looking for options to convert. Is there a way out?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query