Motor vehicle accident claim

My uncle died by falling from scooter,  after loosing balance while driving, when he was in his way to his shop. Can his family file any compensation before any authority?


  1. His family contains of wife and 2 sons.
  2. He didn't have any type of life insurance policy.

( 1 )  legal heirs of your uncle  (wife and two sons ) can file petition u/sec 166/140 M V Act for compensation against Insurance company  ( where your uncle's scooter is insured )

( 2 ) LIC policy not required , Scooter's insurance policy required.


here 2 things has to be noted.

If vehicle owner is third party - then TP claim( MACT) has to be raised against vehicle Insurance company.

If Vehicle owner is Your uncle - then MACT has to be filed.

There is no Limit for compensation, it all depends on his Income.

Note : This is not legal opinion, I have handled motor claims for 10 years, based on my limited knowledge, have given my opinion.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x