LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Ganguly   25 September 2016

Motor Vehicle Accident Case

Respected Lawyers, I recently had a road accident in Bangalore-Chennai highway in Vellore while I was riding a bike with a pillion rider. I was hit by a Lorry, head on collision as per the FIR as I don't have any memory of the accident. I and my pillion had serious injuries and fracture and still in recovery phase. Luckily we are stable after multiple surgeries. FIR is filed in Vellore (pallikonda police station) under section 279 & 338 of MVA. I have no idea about where my bike is, it caught fire as per the spectators. After discussion with my lawyer in Vellore I came to know the Lorry doesn't have insurance & he told that owner doesn't have money to compensate. I want to file a case in Bangalore. Need your valuable inputs how to proceed in this regard. Should I go to the MACT court please advice. Thank you so much.

Learning

6 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     25 September 2016

Amit ji u had not explain the opinion of your lawyer about this?

U can proceed for MACT accordingly.

Actually lawyer is in Vellore & he is not interested I think. He told me to drop the case simply which is not Justified. I am in Bangalore so want to start a case from here

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     25 September 2016

Yes you file the case in the MACT court , don't do settlement outside the court .

Hello Sir, Thanks for replying. Can I appoint lawyer in Bengaluru MACT on percentage basis

Amit Mahajan (RH-Legal)     26 September 2016

Better to regsiter proper case, and allow police file FR, your case is already registered if Police Adm regsiters your complian. During the course you would be cummunicated by Owner, at that time either choose for out of court settlement or fight out the case. You have good point that the vehicle was driven carelessly and moreover it was even not properly insured.

Amit Ganguly   26 September 2016

Hi Amit, I have tried contacting police in Vellore they are not responding. As per my condition I can't travel to Vellore as I am in Bangalore. Could you please explain without going to MACT court what is the benefit to go through different lawyer. Kindly give ur guidance in this manner

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register