25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumar praj (ENGINEER)     21 February 2010

Motor accident

I have a hit and run case running which I have not done and have proof for the same stating the car was in the office premisis during the accident. I have written to the insurance company and have provided the proof. I am now fighting the criminal case. Now I have a oppurtunity to travel abroad which i dont want to miss. I still will need to attend the cases if I have to fight. What are my options now. Thanks in advance... 


 7 Replies

kumar praj (ENGINEER)     21 February 2010


Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     21 February 2010

If you are on bail and your passport is not empounded yet. There is no hurdle. Your lawyer may seek exeption of you. But in some dates you have to attend the court personally, when court orders so, it must be obeyed by you. If your passport is empounded or there is any other hurdle you can seek the permission of court.

Vinod kashyap (Advocate & Legal advisor)     22 February 2010

What is the nature of injury & section charged on you

kumar praj (ENGINEER)     22 February 2010

Thanks very much appreciate it, yes I am already on bail and my passport not empounded yet. the injury is very minure, i forgot the IPC section charged but will provide you shortly. the insurance is already fighting the case as i have provided them with the proof. How long can I get exeption from the case, i will be travelling for 6 months.

kumar praj (ENGINEER)     28 February 2010

I have been charged with 279, 337. I met the victim and looked fake he did not have vehical number or any identification of the vehical nor any injury. He told, the police has taken down the number and was told him that the police wll provide the lawyer and the victim does not even has to come to court. After speaking to people I understand that the police is also involved in this to extract money out of insurance and this is a recurring case in our country. No body fights it up because of the time effort and money required. They all just pay fine and come out of the case.

The police were insisiting me to pay the fine and forget about the case, however i did not agree as my company has recorded my vehical in and out time on the day of accident and my car was in the office.

I know i will still spend more money on this and there is pain in this however i want o fight this so that this scam does not become a easy way to make buks....

thank you in advance to everyone who can help with my queries.


sweta singh (n/a)     28 February 2010

wen ur passport has not been empounded there is no problem if u want 2 go abroad ......file a petition b4 the ld court 4 ur exemption 2 b present on case dates coz u hav got job in abroad and giv xerox copy of ur appointment letter etc.........


i do agree with sweta.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query