LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh NR   03 April 2024

Mother to give her only property to 3 children.

A mother wants to give a property to her 3 children. Which one is recommended, a gift deed or a deed of settlement with regard to stamp duty and registration charges.


 4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     03 April 2024

As the property is the mother's, she can execute a Gift (settlement) deed in favour of 3 children.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 April 2024

The settlement deed is cost effective in terms of the stamp duty and the registration charges compared to the gift deed. 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     04 April 2024

Stamp duty is a State subject which differ from a State to another, where does the mother or property is located ?

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     04 April 2024

Either gift deed or registered Will , and Will is better that keeps the rights of testator safer

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register