For mother's surname/name change in the birth certificate of your child , you should follow these steps:-
1. Publish an advertisement of "change of name" in the local newspaper.
2. Prepare an affidavit on a Rs. 100 stamp paper, duly attested by class-I Magistrate.
3. You can also go for publishing "change of name " in the Government Press in your State. The same will then be published in the gazette.
4. You will also need to fill in a requisite form (that you can collect from the Municipal office ) for correction of name.
You are supposed to submit the following documents to the Registrar of Births and Deaths in your Municipality –
- Your marriage certificate with correct name mentioned on it.
- Hospital documents, where the name of both parents and child's date of birth is clearly mentioned.
Attach the above mentioned (1 - 4) documents along with these two documents.