IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

divakar (manager)     22 April 2015

Mother self earned property share


My mother has 2 property one self aquired and one given by her father .My mother is a widow and she has 3 childern 1 son and 2 daughters all are married.mother stays with me (son).Elder daughter is divorsed and stays seperately and a govt employee.Now problem is

1. can mother sell all the property with out any childrens signature

2.can she transfer all her property to son

3.does daughter who is divorsed does have any extra rights on property

for 2 daughter she had given some part from self aquired property as a gift and it has been registered.


 6 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     22 April 2015




Abhishek (Cheif Attorney)     22 April 2015

If she already gifted that property than she cant transfer that property again

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 April 2015

Agreed with experts.


UR mother has acted within the legal limits only.

divakar (manager)     23 April 2015

Thank you every one for replay

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 May 2015

Yes, Yes and No will be the answers to your questions respectively.  The property in the hands of your mother will be her absolute property hence she need not take anybody's consent to transact with them in the manner she desires to.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query