Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sharat (na)     22 November 2012

Mother property

Hi,

We are 3 siblings,elder brother,eldersister and myself, everybody got married,

Our father left our mother and ourself in our early age..our mother has taken care our self and now my mother has made some land property on her name by her own income,

Now the question is ?

1)will i and my brother are eligible for the property?

2) can our mother  sell her property to third party with out consulting us?

kindly reply for the same

Regards,

Sharat

Learning

4 Replies

Varun Desai (Advocate)     22 November 2012

Hi,

As you told property is earned by your mother own income than property is self acquired and she can sell the property individually you 3 do not have any right to object that....

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     22 November 2012

Sharat...

You will only have a right in that property if she dies without making a will....As of now she is the absolute owner of the property and can dispose off the property in the manner she feels like.....

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

ramachandra (retired official)     22 November 2012

Dear  sir, My mother had a property in Andhra pradesh. and she has died .  This  property was  inhertied through her father and not acquired through her husband  ( my father ).We  were four   sister(including me)  and recently  one of the sisters has died.So at present we are only three (self and two sisters). I have six brothers.None of them has interested in this property and are giving no objection certificate.  My question is , can the property be registered   and khatha transfer can be done  jointly in three  of   our  name  by   submitting death certificate of deceased sister?   and  further can it be sold .The deceased sister has children all  are major and has  their own family. After the sale , we are distributing my deceased sister share to their children. Please advise whether the registration is possible without involving the chidren of the deceased sister.

regards

DG

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     23 November 2012

dear ramachandra , the share of the deceased sister will inherit by her legal heirs .feel fre eto call.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register