LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bln11111111 (vvvvvvvvv)     08 July 2011

Mother property

2 years back my dad has given a property to my mom who now is trying to transfer to my name. However her daughter in law kids are treatning her to give the property to them. They say that grandparents properties are meant for only grandkids and that she cannot transfer the property to me.  Can you please let me know if there is any issue if my mom transfers the property in her name to me.

Learning

9 Replies

Dipangkar (Business)     08 July 2011

It will be divided as a 3 part share  with you, your mom & your brother,  if a partition suit is done.... .

Btw, mom can have her options, as the property is in her name.

Dipangkar (Business)     08 July 2011

If your mom transfer the whole property to you, i am afraid your brother / daughter in law may go to the court, seeking their part of the same.

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     08 July 2011

as being to daugter you are entitled to get your share.

Raghav Sood (Lawyer)     08 July 2011

please clarify whether your mother is the absolute owner of the property in case yes

and  if she wanted to give it you, she can do it by executing will or gift or sale  in your favour being absolute owner

well dont affriad of issues in case of any legal proceedings face them nothing will happen execpt (time)

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     08 July 2011

If  your father make a sale deed / gift deed with your mother and your mother is absolute owner of the property in that time she transfer / sale this property to you, but this property is self acquire by your mother. So, u see how can this property transfer in your mother name in records. 

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     08 July 2011

respected bharat sir if the husband purchase a property to his wife name .so wife is the absolute owner of that property and also the property is self acqured by her . if i m wrong plz clear it sir ?

"if the property is mother name or this is self acquired so the mother can dispose the property as she wish ."

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     08 July 2011

Yes.

bln11111111 (vvvvvvvvv)     09 July 2011

Sir my dad has given this house as a gift deed . So now she is the absolute owner of this property. That to this is my dad aquired house which he gave as gift deed to my mom.  I feel that my mom has every right to do what ever she wants as she is the absolute owner.  Please correct me if i am wrong.

bln11111111 (vvvvvvvvv)     09 July 2011

to add ..its the house built my dad's own money..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register