25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kanchana .c   26 February 2022

mother-in-law torture

hello.. I got married in the year 2020, from that day my husband and his mother not letting me to live happily.. they are always giving mind pressure and speaking abusive words about me and my family .I got pregnant in a month after marriage, so I adjusted all those non sense because of my baby.. but that time also they continuously gives torture and mental pressure.. which made me to attempt suicide also.. but I thought about my baby and parents so I left that. Now I have 1 year baby girl.still they didn't change. My husband always plays double game between me and his mother. He is also a lawyer so i don't know what I can do from my end.. now my husband and mother in law threw me and my baby out. now they both want me to give divorce . my mother-in-law openly challenged me that she won't let me to live my life . I am very worried about my daughter's future. please help


 7 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     27 February 2022

You have got many laws in your favour like IPC-498A, DVA etc. Your husband may not be playing double game. He is between you and his mother and his attitude may change according to situation. You say that your husband is a lawyer. So he may have law qualifications. What are the qualifications of your mother-in-law?  What are your own qualifications?  Where are your parents? Are they in the same locality or are they far away? Have you got brothers? How old are they?  The in-law problems are universal and it is there even in so called advanced communities. It is mostly due to meaningless jealousies. People get into mindsets and it is difficult to get over them. Counselling can be tried, if practicable

Kanchana .c   27 February 2022

thank you for your reply.. i completed engineering, my mother-in-law is illiterate .I stayed with my husband only for 20 days after marriage.. then his mother created dowry type of problems and made me to move out of his home.. then fully my parents only taking care of me .we gave 5lakhs then, again I went to his home now with my daughter.. but his mother still making problems . I don't have any brother.. I am very stressed. my husband always on his mother's side . not taking stand for me . he is also not ready to come with me..

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     28 February 2022

In which branch of engineering are you graduated? How long is it since you graduated? How many years after your graduation did you get married?  Were you employed or studying just before marriage? Are your marital home and parental home in the same city/place? You have no brother. Have you got sisters, elder or younger? Are they educated? Are your parents qualified?  Have you got father-in-law? What is he?  Who are all there in your marital home?

Kanchana .c   28 February 2022

I done done b.e ece on 2016 and got married on 2020. worked in hcl for 2 yrs then only got married. I have one younger sister. my father-in-law is there with them. he is retired government employee. one elder brother, his wife and their son along with them

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     28 February 2022

What is ece?  As you were employed with HCL  I think it has something to do with computers. One advice which I can give you even without any further informtion from you is that you should not waste your knowledge and education. If you remain a housewife for many years, not only all your knowledge will evaporate but you will lose your will to work. Nothing will stand by you even through all adversities, as your knowledge and ability to earn.  You have not stated whether your parents and your marital home are in the same city/place. What is the opinion of your husband, if you were to go for job? What is your father? Is he still working? Is your mother a housewife or working? Is your younger sister qualified?  I would imagine that your husband would be young and beginning his career. Does he practice independently or along with seniors? Is he specialising in any branch of law?

Joint Secretary   01 March 2022

Dear ,
You can file a complaint case under section 498a and other sections, Domestic violence and 125crpc (Maintenance) case,
immediately you contact to lawyer and file these cases against the accused persons.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     01 March 2022

Yes  you can file 498A and other sections. But they are the ultimate weapons. There can be no going back to the marriage after them. The situation should be carefully assessed before going for them. That was why I asked more questions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query