Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CAPTGNVR   19 August 2022

Mother deserted by children

Legal opinion required -pls advice :

I have been lending help and assistance to a 75 year widowed lady who was made homeless . 

Son threatened and intimidated her to sign to sell the property and all took their shares and son took away her share also .

She is penniless.

One son  & second daughter ill treated and eldest daughter can not keep her bcos of having special child of 32 years .

Arranged her to be in old age home .

In Police station, son n eldest daughter agreed for 7k monthly . The other daughter only 3k though can afford 7k.

Can I issue a legal notice as a service oriented man to the children that if they don't take care of her old age home & medical  charges , I  will be compelled to file a suit for recovery of the sale proceeds of the property .

Legal Advice required 🙏🙏. 


 3 Replies

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     19 August 2022

You can file a case before the Dt.Collctor under Senior citizens Act2007 u/s 4

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     20 August 2022

Yes, mother should approach SDM court  to claim maintenance and and medical expenses from her children under provisions of Senior Citizen Act.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     20 August 2022

Very well analysed, opined and advised by experts, I concur the same.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register