LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divya (nil)     11 March 2010

Mother being forced to sign on property papers

My mother is a joint co-owner of properties along with my father. I'm also a co-owner in those properties

Of late my father has been torturing my mother to release her rights from all properties.

My mother gives up at times coz she faces immense torture from other family members too including husband, sons, daughterinlaw, relatives.

Is there any legal document by which I can save my mother from being forced to sign on any of the papers...For eg: Can there be a document which states that without my approval/signature nobody can force my mother to part with the property...

Does she need to make a power of attorney or a will is needed or there is some other document which can allow both me & my mother to take control of things

Help is needed.

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     11 March 2010

Nothing will happen even if signed on the blank paper in respect of the property, because any immovable property worth of Rs.100 if sold, transferred such doucment is compulsorily regisrable document, without regn, it cannot be done.

Even if you wish your mother can relinauish her rights to you thru., regd., deed.

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     11 March 2010

One option is that she can settle the property to persons who she desiires by reserving a life estate to her. 

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     12 March 2010

The question is can she do it while living in the family with those who are torturing her? What is the practical solution?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register