LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Grishma Shah   09 November 2020

monthly expenses after marriage

I am married since 4 years, my husband is earning very well, but he is not giving any monthly money to me, he argues that he is coming with me all the time so why do I need money, and whatever I ask for he will argue and won't allow me to take anything. his parents also are in his favour. May I please know that by law do I have the right to ask for monthly expenses? if yes than what is the approx ratio, and still if he does not give than are there any legal options open for me? cz I tried to convince him in nice way and also with an argument bt he ends up by not giving me any money in a month...

Learning

3 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     10 November 2020

Monetary transaction between a wedded couple is mutual there is no specific rule of law prescribed for it, wife can legally ask for maintenance when she opts for a decree of divorce. You should convince your husband to give you some monthly allowance however if he does not agree and if you are in dire need of money the only option is to seek divorce and monthly maintenance, the choice is entirely yours. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 November 2020

Yes, Law cannot take care of matters in mutual trust. Law can interfere when mutual trust breaks down.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     10 November 2020

125. Order for maintenance of wives, children and parents.

(1) If any person having sufficient means neglects or refuses to maintain-

(a) his wife, unable to maintain herself, or

If you feel being necglected or do not get proepr maintenance just file the complaint, but be careful that may strain your normal married life.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register