money recovery after accused died

Dear,sir MY FATHER HAD PARTNERSHIP FIRM.MY FATHER DIED IN AUGUST 2017. AFTER DIED in January 2018 one person has deposited Check of Firm then check is bounce .after bouncing of check his file case of money recovery on Me, my mother and other two partner I m safe

Hi! Thanks for the question!

According to the law, the legal heirs cannot be sued under section 138 NI for cheque bounce, however, they can be sued upon for the recovery of the amount to the share that they have inherited. So you can say that you are safe from section 138 but you can be held liable to pay out of the share that you have inherited.

God Luck!




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x