Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arjun (md)     28 December 2012

Molestation and rape business

hi all ,

one of my known is an owner of  takeaway food joint for years(since 17) . he was young man 21 years old .Around 11 pm in night he was suppose to take his bus from a nearby bus stand (not oftenly ) .That day a girl came running to him ,tearoff her clothes in front of her and a constable caught him for molestation under 509c and had beaten him on the road and then arrested him.He took rs 25000/- to not register any FIR against him and kept him under arrest for 3 days.

Now we came to know that this girl and the constable are in partnership for  falsely accusing people on road as there has been two or more cases with the same girl, same constable and same time. The accused were generally middle class gentle people with reputation and established work. He also threatened them to charge them for rape.

Is there any way to  defend yourself via law such that this incident does not happen to ownself ?

How can a man  defend himself against false rape ? any laws or proofs needed to support ?

Learning

7 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     28 December 2012

if you know that this is the modus operandi, kindly ask the NGO to help your friend by laying trap at the time when this incident usually takes place. Also ask female members of the NGO to be present at the site when the trap is being layed.

this way you could nab these people and file an FIR against them for cheating the people.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Arjun Gupti (Business)     28 December 2012

Arjun the best solution would be to trap the constable and beat the sh*t of him. There is no need to fear police or this stupid law. I think now everybody must have their own way to deal with such INHUMAN (a.k.a. women friendly) laws of this country. If you are right, you have the right to beat that constable. No need to given 1 rupee to our corrupt police. These WOMEN FRIENDLY laws are made by our politicians to impress a few ladies in these women organizations. Everybody is corrupt and it is time we must stand for our rights and do whatever we want as this POLICE-NETAS-LAWYERS gang are making huge money from these women friendly laws. These women organizations and politicians are making hue and cry on delhi rape case but why were they mute when so many other girls were being raped in other parts of the country?

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     28 December 2012

Very sensitive issue, needs to be dealt with utmost prudence

That man must be under so much trauma.....which state is this?....Please do not let this go like that....Take this up seriously, there are so many who will fall into this trap.....

The arrest shows that there must be other officers involved too...I would request you to send a complaint narrating the entire incident to the DCP of your area...Do this via post or email....

Find someone/ngo with the key word " HUMAN RIGHTS "...online soon and they should take care of the judicial process...

This is issue of Naitional Importance And I am trusting you for taking this up in favor of all the fellow citizens.....

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     28 December 2012

I am sorry I got carried away with this entire issue...makes my blood boil....

Well if something like this happens to you, deny such allegation, insist on FIR, keep a lawyer's number handy..Unfortunately it is all gonna be spontaneous reaction to the situation....

Can your friend come up..Take a stand..And show to what has happened to him???

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

(Guest)

So, you think molestation and rape is a business?

arjun (md)     29 December 2012

@all,Thanks for reply

We moved on and the friend wanted to forget this issue as it was near his workplace.It is true that he was scared and traumatized.I too believe that laws against rape must be stringent to protect women but should also provide protection to the innocent atleast from policemen.Rape and molestation is not business in many cases like girlfriends being cheated for physical pleasure or contact without consent but atleast as 10% i feel are false cases
The policeman soon got transferred after few months.

my question still remains let us assume that we were not aware that it was his business to cheat.Then in case you are being falsely charged for rape and beaten in arrest ,How to protect yourself or prove your innocence, As far as i know the rape law is cognizable i.e the police can arrest without warrant .Is there any thing legally we could do to get out of the trap just to be safe next time ?

arjun (md)     29 December 2012

@chetan joshi

I understand your feelings and are same as mine .

but

1. Men are not that easily believed and supported .

2. The real flaw is the law which i believe is equally unlawful for both man and woman as justice is delayed or is being played with .

but we must understand what a good lawyer can do in this situation ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register