Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manik prabhu   28 January 2021

Modifications on Exterior wall of flat

Hello Sir,

In my flat there is no window option in main hall exterior wall in which there is no view of who is coming and going outside of my flat.

When I bought it didn't noticed it.

Can I install a window on my flat main entrance wall behind the main door entrance.

I have tried to get NOC from associations but they are not accepting and says that it's against the rules.

kindly provide valuable suggestions to proceed legally.

Learning

2 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   28 January 2021

Being a lesser or owner of an apartment or a flat comes with great precautions and alertness in order to ensure that you don't end up in fraud or discomfort. However, as per you're query you haven't been as aware as you should have been before buying your flat.

Anyways as per rules and regulations are concerned, you are allowed to install a window in your flat if you're the new owner of the house (you shouldn't be a temporary owner). But in case you're just a temporary owner then you're not allowed to install any such thing to the flat and should be residing with the rules abided by the society association.

However, if you've purchased the house and are the owner then you're good to go with any such renovation as you feel requisite, without being sued. So just write a letter to the association (as I think you've already done) stating your needs, if they're still not allowing any such renovation then along with a complaint to a local police station you may proceed to file a plea for Granting you the Right to Renovate/Reconstruct your home as per your desires.

manik prabhu   30 January 2021

thank you very much for your valuable reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register