LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

swetha1983 (n/a)     10 October 2007

Mode of a Will

Can any one of the members provide me with a model of a Will?

Learning

7 Replies

Shambasiv (n/a)     10 October 2007

Find attached a model of Will

Preetam Negi (n/a)     08 January 2008

Thanks for the nice post. Is this model of the will is valid for other communities as well? I am asking this because in the will everywhere it is written "" I__S/o___, hindu, R/o___"". Is there any difference in the will that would be applicable for the people of other religions.

Thanks in advance.

shoaib (n/a)     08 January 2008

Kindly let me know the stamp paper duty required for writing the will. How would these will be vaild in the court. can anybody put stay on the same.

Shoaib

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     08 January 2008

There is no Stamp Duty for Will. It can be in any form and any language. The genuineness and execution of a Will can be challenged in a court of law.

Muslim law recognises that persons may leave behind a will, but a will (unless ratified by all the heirs of the person leaving behind the will) is valid only to the extent of one-third of the deceased's property. Insofar as it is valid, it is governed by the regular laws applicable to wills in India. There is no concept of ancestral property or rights by birth in the case of Muslim succession. The rights that a Muslim's heirs acquire upon his death are fixed and determined with certainty on that date and do not fluctuate.

Can anyboy tell me more details of superannuation fund and the laws and latest hearing in the court for the settlement of superannuaion fund between employee and employer.

Regards,

mohd Shoaib

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     08 January 2008

Please post your query in the appropriate category.

Regards,

Prakash

Can the will be challanged in the court as fradulent or being tampered by the family member or the witnesses.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register