LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yogesha (engineer)     15 July 2011

Mobile Tower on neighbor's terrace:Nosiy/Nuisance/Healthrisk

I have neighbor who installed Mobile Tower on his house in a pure residential area. The tower base is installed on his terrace just 2ft away from my house/site. This is causing serious sound disturbance & nuisance for 24hrs. Other dangerous thing is i heard it causes serious health effect in the long run due to radio waves it emits. He has not taken any opinion from us. Would like to know the rules to fight this problem. The house is in Bommanahalli,Bangalore,Karnataka. His house is in 60x40 site & my house is in 30x40 site with very narrow roads.

Talking soft way is not helping, he says if there is train station near house would i go & complain to remove train station etc....He says we need to tolerate to appreciate technology advantage. When stressed, he says talk to Tata Telecom who installed. It is horribly noisy(Fans keep running loud) & highly risky as i have small kids @ home.

If i take a legal option will i have chance of winning in removing it?

What are the rules, regulations, permissions to install mobile tower in residential area?

Recently read a news article where Delhi HC gave order to remove it.

https://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-06-17/delhi/29669529_1_mobile-tower-generator-sdm

Appreciate if you can help to fight this out. How i should proceed, whom i should consult.

Thanks

Yogesha MG

Learning

1 Replies

Dibakar Ray (Advocate.)     16 July 2011

Hi,

For the nuisance and disturbance caused to you by the installation of mobile phone tower on the roof you can make an application before the Plooution Control Borad to take proper steps and to verify the authencity of thepermission of installation of tower in residential area.

Apart from above remedies, you can make application before executive majistrate on the same ground as mentioned above to take steps to stop the nuisance.

Regards,

Dibakar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register