LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rakesh sss (operater)     01 March 2011

mlc

recpected sir,my wife creat a drama and i taken her to hospital. she consume my medical pills given me by the doctor.doctor are made a mlc.after one month she files a case 498a against me says that i gave her sleeping pills for sucide.i want to know findings by the doctor in the mlc is helpful to proof my innocense.after discharge of my wife from the hospital no police person is contact or investigate me.

Learning

5 Replies

Samir Jha (Advocate)     02 March 2011

Dear Arath,

MLC stands for Medico Legal case. The MLC is required to be sent to the nearest police station and normally as a procedure is prepared in the presence of some HC or other police official posted at the Hospital. In case there is no Police official then it is the duty of the Hospital to inform the Police once they belive that it is a case of MLC. 

In your case it appears that as MLC has been prepared so that means there must a corresponding DD entry in the concnered police station. Without looking at the MLC one can not say if it is helpful to you in anyway or not . Contact an advocate to get a better guidance as 498-A is a non-bailable offene and you might be required to take anticipatory bail.

regards.

rakesh sss (operater)     02 March 2011

sammer sir, what is the meaning of corresponding dd entry .i am in the hospital till my wife was discharge that no police person came to the hospital.only th doctor take the mlc from me.

sorry sir,the doctor take only mlc charges from me.

Samir Jha (Advocate)     02 March 2011

Dear Arath,

Whenever a MLC is prepared the Police officials are required to take the same and make its entry in their daily diary.
 No action is taken on the Diary entry if, the MLC discloses no offence or gives no opinion of doctor as to the nature of injury.

thanks sameer sir,you gave me some kind of relief.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register