LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GOKULDAS KAMATH (EX BANKER)     26 August 2013

Misuse of government facilities for poor

One of my neighbours in Bangalore city is working in a nationalised bank drawing monthly salary of Rs.50000,having own house worth Rs.1.00 crore,2 sons are in gainful employment,fixed deposits,a site in Bangalore,Gold and Jewellary  and all kinds of electronics and consumer durables in his posh house  has got a BPL ration card by bribing the Government officials and showing his ration card to everybody as a matter of pride and achievement.He is buying rice at Rs.2.00 per KG from ration shop.His mother had recently sold her property for Rs.75.00 lakhs which she has kept in Fixed deposit 

As a  responsible citizen ,can I do some thing to stop this misuse of Government facilities available to poorer section of society

Learning

3 Replies

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     26 August 2013

Benefits meant  for B.P.L. families must  not be misused and Public spirited citizens have social obligation to  bring  to the notice of the Government misuse of B.P.L. benefits by ineligible Persons.

(Guest)

please file a RTI, you can even do  anonyms RTI, questioning the list of alL BPL issued in your streeet/ward and questioning the eligibility criteria of all those issued.

trust me.that works for sure.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 June 2015

annonymous RTI is not tenable.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register