LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

santhosh (home)     05 July 2013

Misuse of 498a



I am from Bangalore,and i got married in 2012,in the last feb my wife went out from my house to her uncles home,i searched for her and finally came to know she is with him,i didnt filed a complaint as i was relaxed she is safe,me and my family tried calling her multiple times but she is not ready to come,in the last week she and few of her relatives came to my home and abused me and my family members stating i want to go with her seperately leaving my old parents,also her uncle threatned my dad stating if we dont agree they will file a false harressement case and put me and my family in jail,my dad clearly asked my wife that we treated her very well but still her uncle says the law is in favour of a girl in these instances.i am afraid that they may give a false complaint,as allready they have torchured me and my family mentally;so need an assistance from a lawyer so that where we can over come if they file any false complaint againist me or my family.





 4 Replies

Hemang (Advocate)     05 July 2013

Try to save the marriage life in the first instant. If not possible, let her file the proceedings against you. She may file number of cases against you as she has got various remedies under the different laws. You can point out at the time of evidence that they are all false allegations. But, it is not a good test. Once the rolling stone is thrown, it goes on. It is true that the remedies are provided under law for the wives, but at the same time, the Courts always evaluate the evidence.

santhosh (home)     05 July 2013

Thanks for the reply sir,

 ME and my family tried our best to save this marriage,but still she clearly says that i want to leave my parents and stay with her seperately by taking care of her parents and uncles,i also told that i will take care of her parents being staying with my parents as they are old;after all these she clearly says if i dont go she will gonna file a harressment complaint against me and my uncle,so can you please help how can i save myself in the first instance,i am afraid as bec my parents and uncle are patients,

MR HIMANSHU (Business)     06 July 2013

Agree with Mr. Hemang that firstly try to save your marriage, rest is the last resort...once the matter starts up, it leads to disaster.

Harsh (Manager)     06 July 2013


whether you save your marriage or not, make sure you read about 498a. Then read about Right To Residence (under DV). and just google 498a.

These days, marriage has become a new 'modus operandi' of many educated and 'strong' women to fulfill their wishlist - including monetary and perverse motives.

Just realize that you are in danger but dont panic - there are many on this portal itself who have gone through and will support you.

IF YOU KEEP YOUR WITS ABOUT YOU, you can save yourself and your family.

You are just another 498a story waiting to happen.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query