Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gurudath (SE)     12 July 2012

Mistake while registration

Hello,

I have registered a sale deed for a plot.

While registering, all the documents from our side is correct. But in the registrar office, while entering the KHATA number data in to the computer a mistake has happened. But the registrar office staff is telling me to go for rectification deed. Is thr any other option that I can find?

Please help me regarding this.

Thanks,

Gurudath

Learning

3 Replies

Joseph Fidelis Pereira (self employed)     12 July 2012

Same thing had happened with me. And there is no  alternative than to follow reigistrar's instruction.

Joseph Pereira.

narendra.s.p (Chief Manager(Law))     13 July 2012

Rectification deed can be registered with Sub-Registrar, but for this the vendor should co-operate and attend the Sub-Registrar's office. The recital / clauses in the sale deed will genreally place the burden on the seller (vendor) to convey to  you defect free title. If the vendor does not co-operate or demands more money then, issue him a legal notice to get the sale deed rectified at his cost and charges. If ,still he does not co-operate, then file a suit for specific performance against him to get a rectification deed registered in your favour.

K. GOPALAKRISHNAN (ADVOCATE)     21 July 2012

Dear Gurudath and Joseph,

If the mistake is made in the Sale Deed and the same can be rectified by executing and registering the rectification deed in the Sub Registrar Office.  As  Mr. Narendra said, the Vendor has to be cooperate for registering the rectification Deed.  Request to be made to the Vendor and the settle the matter amicably. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register