LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sunilkumar (accountant)     31 May 2011

Missing Deed


My grandmother let us a will giving us entitlement of the property, but the trouble is we are unable to trace the records as to how she inherited the property from her father.
 as the property papers were made in 1923 we are not sure as to what we need to do to trace the missing documents.


 3 Replies


You might check land records via RTI application. I am not an expert just trying to help.

prabhakar singh (advocate)     31 May 2011

Although those days were not so usual to registration,yet take a chance by inspecting sub regitrars; register if some thing is found there,you will get if the document was restered. RTI action is not going to help you as it has nothing to do with your case.

Bayya Reddy (Legal executive )     03 June 2011

Dear Sunil, first you lodge a police complaint in jurisdictional police station stating that the details of the property and documents so and so are misplaced, after taking acknowldement from the police station, you can give a public notice news papers one in Engalish and one in regional language news papers, and the news papers along with police complaint acknowledgment, you have to submit the same in the Office of the Jurisdictional Sub-Registrar.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register