Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pat (engineer)     15 June 2010

Missing Cheque

Dear Experts

I missed three cheques, i did not remember signed or not signed, i gave a complaint to bank for cancellation and stop payment for the three cheque nos  and also i closed the account since i am not using from 2005

is it OK or any thing i need to do

Incase if some body found what they can do


 4 Replies

Smita_L01042008 (student)     15 June 2010

i think in stead of sending a stop payment instruction to the bank, you can have a clear communication that the said cheques are lost and not to process such cheque to avoid misuse. 


Dear pat,

already you intimated the fact to the bank authoities for stopage payment it must be i witing keep an office copy along with you

next you have to lode the fir in conserned police station if police authorities refused to take complaint send a registered post with ack due to the consened olice station and to the SP

later if that cheque misused u will get an good defence and out of danger

take care of cheque books my dear friend

1 Like

pat (engineer)     15 June 2010

Thank you Mr.Srikanth and Sam

kranthi (retainer advocate)     16 June 2010

srikanths openion is right u must follow it

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query