LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr Surender Bhardwaj   14 June 2021

Misprinting of father's name and my blood group on driving licence

Hello Sir,
Dear Sir, I had applied for a DL in 2009 at Sirsa district, haryana where I was working. In that DL, instead of my father's name, some other name was printed & also my blood group was also wrong.
After sometime, I shifted to some other place and didn't applied for corrections in DL.
Now in early 2021, I applied online at Bhiwani RTO ( my home city), and when I went to RTO office for further processing, they denied saying that only spelling mistakes can be corrected, not the whole name. And they said, why it took so many years for you to applying for corrections. One person sitting there told me to apply for a new Learner's licence and then Permanent DL.
Should I go to Sirsa RTO for these corrections ? Or should I apply for a new licence, in that case I will a 2 DLs. Can I surrender this DL and get it cancelled ? And how to get it cancelled ?


 6 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     14 June 2021

Yes.  Why did you keep silent for all these years?  Try your luck at Sisra RTO authorities.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     15 June 2021

The mistake is your part so you need to follow the instructions as suggested by the RTO office and correct the same at your earliest. don't  do the same delay what you did early.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     15 June 2021

Go for a fresh driving license as there is negligence on your party in not verifying the DL when it was issued to you.  If there is a problem, try to solve it immediately without further complications, though it may cost you a bit extra.

Dr Surender Bhardwaj   15 June 2021

Sir, should I first surrender  this DL and get it cancelled or keep it and then apply for new one ? And how to get it cancelled ?


G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     15 June 2021

Now you are at Bhivani, have ID proof and AADHAR address at the new place, contact any local consultant opp RTO office running a Kiosk, and apply for fresh license commencing from Learner's license without disclosing the past DL.  At least now ensure that correct details are provided.  Further a DL has to be renewed for 15 years, so by applying for FL, you need not worry about renewal for another 15 years

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 June 2021

The mistakes happen but instead of rectifying the mistake on time, relaxing over it for a considerable period may cause further damage, hence at least now you act immediately on it to rectify the same properly.

You have an option to apply for fresh DL by surrendering the existing one or approaching the issuing authority with an application to rectify the error by attaching the documentary evidences to prove the error and reasons for seeking rectification along with an affidavit  giving reasons that how this error occurred and why do you rectify it now.

Do not be discouraged, there are ways to rectify such petty errors, only thing is that you should act prudently at least now on.


1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register