LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abhilasha r (Law)     23 October 2020

misleading information regarding service warranty

Please read the service maintenance contract by clicking on this link https://www.livpure.com/maintenance-contract

My query is that, I had paid for the service for 3 years, tap of my water purifier got broken for which I asked for free service as I had paid for acmc warranty service for 3 years. But the misleading information, as mentioned in the link above that there is "No Service Charges for any Break-Down Spare Parts"

The technician asked me to pay for the broken tap as he claimed that the warranty only includes "free service charge of broken spare parts" and it doesn't cover "free replacement"
Kindly guide me, is it misleading information by writing a bogus language to confuse consumers? Can any action be taken against it?

Learning

3 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     23 October 2020

you are supposed to read the conditions in the contract before signing it. If you have signed without reading the terms I am afraid you cannot raise any objections now.

abhilasha r (Law)     23 October 2020

Can this fact be challenged under the misleading ground?

Adv Vinay Mathur + 8447131770 (Advocate)     23 October 2020

First of all you have to be clear whether the AMC you have bought is comprehensive with parts or not.

Secondly in AMC contracts consumables are not covered so call up the company and find out from them and then take action accordingly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register