FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JAGADEESH (XXXX)     14 February 2010

Minor girl Kidnapping

Respected Seniors,

In my street, One girl ged abut 16 years fell in love with her college boy aged 20 years. One month back  Without informing her parents, whe she went away along with that boy, and till the date they have not returned back, her mother (because her fathere was expired in her childhood days) lodged a complaint in the local police station, police persons not taking any actions.  Hence, her mother worried about her? What  to do and how should i suggest, help them in the above case?

Her mother received a phone call from anothere 3rd party person that, 5 days back, they both were married but where they are not informing. 

Kindly suggest and how should i help that poor mother





 6 Replies

ramprasad reddy. pottipati (Lawyer)     14 February 2010


The Supreme Court made it clear in different judgments that minor's consent is no consent, if the police personnel not registering the same, u may approach higher authorities, even for that no action from them u file a privite complaint and also u can approach Human rights commission and place your grievance.

1 Like

SURESHKUMAR.S (ADVOCATE)     14 February 2010

Advice her mother to prefer a written complaint stating the 'missing of minor girl' along with the particulars of date of birth before the jurisdictional police station and demand receipt for the same. If they don't comply, approach the Higher Police officials viz. AC/ or DSP , then SP/DC or Commissioner of Police/DIG. Matter will be taken consideration and still if not, approach the jurisdictional Magistrate court for seeking direction u/s156 Crpc.

1 Like

kranthi kiran (Works In Judicial Department)     14 February 2010

Follow the above advices

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     14 February 2010

As advised by learned friends, crimiinal complaint can be filed before the magistrate . But, in view of inaction of authorities, more effectivecourse of action for the mother is to file a Habeas Corpus petition before the High Court.

sunil pagare (lawyer)     14 February 2010

compaint to NCW on phone the no.is 91-11-23219790 or Fax it on 91-11-23237166

1 Like

manisha agarwal (lawyer)     15 February 2010


as we see the historical cases,it is clearly define that the consent of a girl under the age of 18 years is not a valid concern . hence the mother of the girl has got right to call back her child and, if police authorities are not filing her complaint she can write a letter of complain to higher authority, and if higher authorities also pays no attention to the complain she can file a sue against them and can also ask help from human rights commision

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query