Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gagan (PA)     26 June 2015

Minor damage and warranty void.pls advise

Hello members,

I bought a lumia 640 from flipkart recently.just after one or two days its outer battery side cover developed a minor crack,reason for which are unsure.it may be fall me trying to force open the cover,but it was just about 4mm.And the phone continued to work normally.But after a month or so later its display has become garbled.I approached the service center as well as company,both say that since it has a crack on outer cover,its warranty is void,and you have to shell out rs 5000 for new display.I want to know from the fellow members whether the right of the company regarding minor damage to set voiding the warranty are absolute,or consumer has some say regarding this.can i appraoch the consumer court for relief and can i get it from there.kindly enlighten me..

Learning

3 Replies

D.V.RamaKrishna (Advocate)     26 June 2015

It is wrong and arbitrary on the part of the company to declare the warranty as void if it can be proved that the display problem is not due to falling or crack to back cover hence it is a fit case for consumer case

It is wrong and arbitrary on the part of the company to declare the warranty as void if it can be proved that the display problem is not due to falling or crack to back cover hence it is a fit case for consumer case

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register