LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saurav (private practice)     21 August 2009

metrimonial disrupt

 what remedy do we have in case the in laws and husband of the girl detain her passport and other proceedings are already pending in domestic voilance proceedings.


 3 Replies

Raman ( )     21 August 2009

 Give a Police complaint that she lost her Passport and apply for new one!

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     21 August 2009

You can represent the same to the Magistrate and seek appropriate directions to the husband and in-laws to deliver the passport to you. 

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005     22 August 2009

Mr.Parkash is right. On the point of recovery, your inlaws will not even get the bail till they handover your passport. In the wrost if you did not get your passport by any means then you can file a complaint as alleged by Mr.Raman and apply for duplicate passport. but the first option will be best.

Your further clarification is welcome at nominal fee at;




We also have branches all over India.

With Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register