Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep   24 June 2015

Methods to serve a notice

Hello Experts,

My lawyer has filed my divorce petition in Jan-2015. Till now the notice is not served as the other party is not accepting the notice (sometimes not home, sometimes refusing to accept). I would like to know what are the different ways by which a notice can be served.

Can my lawyer send the notice on her letter head? Will it be treated as her acceptance if she accept the post? Can the matter proceed after that? 

Can a notice send on email ?

Please help me clarify these questions. 

Thanks in Advance.

Sandeep

Learning

4 Replies

Sandeep   24 June 2015

Thanks..

Can my lawyer send the notice on her letter head? Will it be treated as her acceptance if she accept the post? Can the matter proceed after that? 

Sandeep   25 June 2015

By Letter Head I mean my lawyer would type a legal notice on his law firms letter head and send it to the party through Register Post.

Will this approach be fine? Its taking lot of time to send it through court with the help of processor server. So instead how about typing notice on lawyers letter head and sending thru register post. 

IF the party accepts this register post will this be treated as acceptance and can the case then proceed?

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     25 June 2015

for that you have to take permission from court that you will servce personal notice to the respondent with the court summons notice and even after that is not served to him then you have to take permission through your lawyer to publish in national newspaper and publish

Atur Chatur (LAWYER ADVOCATE NOT REQD BECAUSE I FIGHT MYSELF PARTY-IN-PERSON (aturchatur@yahoo.com))     26 June 2015

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register